How to crank out creative (UGC/Statics/Videos) assets to scale DTC brands?
Hey! I’m Khushi Lunkad, a growth marketer at the intersection of E-commerce/DTC, and the SaaS world.
Zach Stuck’s tweet stuck with me for a good reason — I not only understand the benefits but also actually freaking know how to do it. Here’s how 👇
By the end of this WEEK, you’ll be able to create at least 12 new creative assets without breaking the bank!
- Strategically brainstorm 5–6 value props to test (pricing, quality, community, snob value, deals etc)
- Assemble your existing raw assets in one place (statics, ad copy, ugc and influencer content)
- Find inspiration ads you want video designers to emulate, shortening the time to execution.
Finding inspiration content is challenging if you don’t know where to look.
To get a huge pool all at once, these are some starting tips:
Tap into these websites:
- Unicorn Ads (free ecommerce ads)
- Meetadbox (paid), and
- Adspace (paid)
Find great companies that run ads.
- Using Charm → Filter by those companies that are currently scaling ads and Ctrl+F
- The Fascination and Thingstesting are amazing places to spend a few minutes. Sadly, Wirecutter is a hit or a miss for me.
But if you didn’t like any, you can always try Google Ads bidding report, a local search tool, or straight up google for those targeting similar audiences.
If you have a very niche audience and can only find 1–2 brands that are similar, I recommend hunting for an e-directory using the Ahrefs backlink tool.
I usually find 20–30 brands I think have good ads before looking them up in the
and sometimes even in the Tiktok library :D
Saving the ads that I like
The ads library isn’t very friendly. You can’t just save 💜 the ads you like. Ads disappear and copying the Ad Library URL only means it will be broken when the advertiser decides to take it down.
I used to aggressively recommend Spyder but it broke down and I lost all of my saved ads. Oops.
I now advise that you force-download the ads from the ads library. I use this chrome extension and hasn’t let me down since 2 years.
Writing a kick-ass brief
I use this simple video annotation tool and Notion.
All you need to do is
- write a couple of briefs using the existing ad copy you already have
- tell a story with all your creatives
- sell with emotions and convince with logic.
⭐And you’re ALL SET!⭐
A few iterations and you’ll have a system ready in place (for content creation) Collection of UGC and influencer content is another ball-game that I’m happy to talk about in the future.
Available at toption.org